sew many ways

Search This Blog

Friday, April 30, 2010

It tastes just like raisins*

WILD GEESE
BY MARY OLIVER

You do not have to be good.
You do not have to walk on your knees
for a hundred miles through the desert repenting.
You only have to let the soft animal of your body
love what it loves.
Tell me about despair, yours, and I will tell you mine.
Meanwhile the world goes on.
Meanwhile the sun and the clear pebbles of the rain
are moving across the landscapes,
over the prairies and the deep trees,
the mountains and the rivers.
Meanwhile the wild geese, high in the clean blue air,
are heading home again.
Whoever you are, no matter how lonely,
the world offers itself to your imagination,
calls to you like the wild geese, harsh and exciting —
over and over announcing your place
in the family of things.

Saw this (from here) and wanted to share.


And now, NEW LIST!!

  1. May will be my job/new pants/GYME!!!! month. MAY!! MAY WILL BE MY MONTH!
  2. Been in touch with a guy with a sewing machine from Kijiji. Made arrangements to pick it up tomorrow. I'm going to take mine apart, and make sure it's not just a loose screw or even belt, but I think it's just worn out and tired. I blame myself, because I think I worked it too hard and made it do things it didn't want to. The part that turns in the wheel to stop the needle from moving seems to have a mind of it's own sometimes, and no longer stays tight. I won't throw it away, I'd like to get it fixed, but $50 for another seems like a good investment.
    Plus there's wood grain. I just hope it works, and he's not just some crack head.
    (Marcia, if you're reading this, don't worry: he's probably not a crackhead. Crackheads don't ever sew. It's a fact**.)

  3. JUST GOT AN EMAIL FROM COCOABEANS. I HAVE A TABLE AT THE FORUM FOR NEXT WEEKEND. CAN YOU TELL I'M EXCITED?? DEAR GOD I HOPE I SELL STUFF OR I'M COMING HOME AND GETTING REALLY DRUNK. (insert crazy face here).
  4. My super awesome sister got t-shirts made for us to wear at market. YAYAYAYAYAYAYAY!!

  5. I still need a job. I've applied for 14 this week, and I've heard back from no one BUT I have a good feeling that I will soon. C'mon job!! I have sunglasses to buy! (This is actually how my mind works. Good example of money sense there, eh?).

  6. It's lobster season. I can't believe it's this late in the year already.

  7. It seems like it's been raining forever. Supposed to be nice this weekend and then raining again on Monday. Spring? Spring now? I clean?

  8. IT CAME FROM EEKUM SEEKUM! Getting tickets for Friday!!!
    (does this post seem oddly positive for me? I LIKE IT. I'll blame the Vit. D).

    That's it for me. I'm going to sew.

    *This is not work safe. And it will stick in your head. And it's a little dirty. That's your warning.
    **This is a fact I just made up, but I suspect it's true. I mean, it's not like they're focused or detail oriented.


No comments:

Post a Comment