sew many ways

Search This Blog

Wednesday, April 28, 2010

It's been a no-sew day. So far...

However, that will probably change as soon as this coffee is gone. I'm morphing into Cornholio as I type. Today, I decided that I had looked at my pitiful $0.99 shopping cart for the last day. (I'm going to use it as part of the display at the market for my reusable produce bags). So I brought out the FIMO, paint, glue gun, and a mesh bag that used to hold my stray ribbon.


Ah, she's a beauty, wha? You can't really see it here, but she's missing a wheel.



So I made one. That's the wheel in the upper right corner. Five potatoes, mixed berries, four apples, four oranges (I rolled them over the potato brush to get the texture on the skin), six carrots and that thing in the lower right corner turns into bananas (I had no yellow fimo...).





And while that was baking, I made some cans, a box of granola bars, a pizza (that's Yumm-O brand, in case you're out shopping for teeny groceries) and some rice cakes out of itty bitty pictures I cut out of magazine ads, cardboard, and buttons.



There's my wonky wheel. Since no cart is complete without one...

All baked and ready to bag!



Okay. I know what you're thinking. "My word, but those banana's are too ripe for eating!" Don't worry, they're for little FIMO muffins. Bwahahaha!! (There are days, I swear, when I don't know what I would do if I didn't amuse myself....).





This is my tiny, tiny little plastic basket of mixed berries, wrapped in plastic wrap (I'm adding this ONLY because it took me way longer than it should have. Mostly because I melted the first basket with the hot glue. Whoops...).



And also: in direct opposition to my last Jr. Mint related statement, I hate when this happens:





This is how they looked when I opened them. I assume someone had a tantrum and jumped the poo right out of these before I bought them. That, or I sat on my purse again... Or it could be paranormal, since the box is in a perfect, un-creased, straight from the factory state. Well, whatever, it's not like I'm I won't still eat it (it since the Jr. Mints have become one...).

I took a wander through Liquidation World today (I don't know why I've never been there before, but I will be back. This place is going to be incredible at Christmas), and got these for $2.88. How exciting! There are 50, ribbon included, and they are so, so nice. I'm tempted to go back and buy them all!

And the backs are lovely too! Special care instructions on the upper left; extra buttons and thread on the bottom right. Snazzy!

1 comment:

  1. Holy crap! Those groceries are INCREDIBLE! And I really like the girly change purses.

    The clown material however, is vile. I don't think I've seen scarier clowns all together in one place before.

    To market, to market this weekend!! EXCITING!

    ReplyDelete