sew many ways

Search This Blog

Friday, November 12, 2010

Ode to the VV boutique

I used to be quite the shopping snob. To tell you the truth, I don't know when that changed. What I do know, is that I avoid the mall at all costs now, and I preach the good word of the second hand stores to anyone who will listen. Today I didn't go to my regular store (where I generally make off with some schweeeeet fabric deals), but I got exactly what I was looking for.


I know the little cabinet it rough looking, but it's already mid-transformation, and it's going to look very good while it's keeping my sewing desk organized. The glass is for a Christmas diorama. The rest? Oh, the VV gods were smiling on me today. The plate is yet another troubling addition to my kitschy perve collection (please look away if you're offended by nipples)
Lastly, how could I walk away from a box that says "The Museum of Horrors"? It's in such good shape! And yes, I would have paid $1 for just the box.
But then I opened it....
....and there was no way I could leave this!

Here's wishing you all some good thrifting karma (and hit up VV on Monday; most things are going to be 50% off!).

No comments:

Post a Comment