sew many ways

Search This Blog

Monday, November 15, 2010

The Thrill of the Hunt

Did you ever wake up with a feeling that you needed to be somewhere, right now? Not like you're late for work, need to be somewhere, but just a feeling that you're destined to be somewhere else, right then. I woke up like that this morning. And no matter how I tried to talk myself out of it, my brain was insisting I go to the VV Boutique (I know what you're thinking! 'Oh, what a shock, it's 50% off and you neeeeed to go!'). I got up, I went, and I am sooo glad I did. This medicine cabinet came home with me (the mess on the table, sadly, that was here. And is not anymore. But I digress), and although it wasn't part of the sale, it was $4.99!!! It's in perfect condition. I think it needs some etching magic. We'll see. Did I mention it was $4.99?? You can't get anything for $5!!

A wee sneak peek, because it's destined for Christmas greatness:
Material was on sale, so for $3, I got this...3 metres of medium weight wool. I grabbed one mixed bag for $1.50 (dog not included)...

The black and grey are felt, which I'll probably use for coffee cozees, the blue is satin, which will be the perfect colour to line a bag I was planning, and the green? Well, that is 2m of the finest quality polyester crimpoline. I have no idea what I'll do with it, but I'll tell you the truth: I'm so very tempted to make myself some Christmas slacks. Tell me that wouldn't look good with a red sweater and felt antlers!! Well, on second thought, don't tell me that... What I do know is that my posterior would look positively merry is some tight crimpoline! HA!


Oh, and to show that yes, while my list of things to do is getting longer and longer (I actually have a few on the go at the moment; things to do around the flat, things to do for Christmas, things to do for market. Oh, Yes! And I do need a job still. Joy), I have finished a few things lately. I'm so happy with how this came out! (and I almost never say that).


I hate to destroy books, but this was in hurting shape when I got it. It was already missing some pages, and although originally I had intended to use it for tags for market, but it's actually too brittle for that, since the paper breaks as soon as it's bent at all. It's ideal for this though, and so politically incorrect. My favorite line is on the front: "She had a hell of a life for a pretty girl. "You ought to be married," he would say..." Goes fairly nicely with this illustration

No comments:

Post a Comment