sew many ways

Search This Blog

Thursday, January 13, 2011

I have baker's rage

So let's get right down to it: I hate baking. I do it quite often because I love to eat, and Adam loves to eat, and most of the time, it's okay. Okay, so half way through, it's too hot in the kitchen, and I'm watching the growing pile of dishes, and thinking, 'Why did I start this? I could have just got some Oreos', but then the food is done, and it's good and worth it, but not tonight. No no; tonight, I experienced some stuckage issues. In which the bottom of my banana bread became one with the pan, and as I stood there looking at it, half of it upside down on the cooling rack, the other half, torn open and exposed in the loaf pan, I think I had an aneurysm. *insert horrendous swearing and speaking in tongues here*. FML. (Oh, and Amber, does that answer your question about what some people would call irrational anger?). Whatever. No food goes to waste here; next time, the pan will be greased and floured. *insert some residual swearing here*

So anyway. Want to see my masking tape (this is becoming a bit of an addiction)?

(The blue (which is polka dots) and the font (loveit!!!) are from Michael's ($1.50); the rest are from Liquidation World ($0.88!). The one on the top says, "Hey you!! Propeller cuts the head" and the bottom says, "How many vacant hours do you spend?" I have a feeling they lose something in the translation. BUT that leads me to a question: how many hours do you waste? I spend far too much time doing nothing. Being idle and lackadaisical. Which I'm going to try very hard to change. There are so many things I want and need to do around the house; so many things I want to make, and I really need to get more active. Mostly for me, and it would benefit the hound. So that's my goal: use my time in a more productive way. We'll see how it goes. And in keeping with that, I leave you with this:

"Do not wait; the time will never be 'just right.' Start where
you stand, and work with whatever tools you may have at your
command, and better tools will be found as you go along."
-- George Herbert

Just a thought, found over at zzyzx & Sue.

3 comments:

  1. Cool masking tape - love the text one too! Thanks so much for donating to the QLD Flood Appeal and entering my fabric giveaway - much appreciated!
    P.S. Grease the pan (I use spray oil - much quicker and easier), then add a piece of baking paper - no sticking ever again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I understand baker's rage...after spending untold hours working on a fancy cake, it managed to leap to its death off the kitchen counter. ARRRGGHHH!!!
    The masking tape is cool! I think I like the font one the best too.

    And thanks for stopping by my blog too!

    ReplyDelete