sew many ways

Search This Blog

Thursday, January 27, 2011

I'm perfecting the Truffle Shuffle

(For the record, Jeff "Chunk" Cohen, is now a successful entertainment lawyer. Info from the web says, "The only Goonie who realised he has achieved artistic perfection in 1985 and turned his back on acting." I can't argue with that. And if you haven't seen The Goonies, and you don't know what I'm talking about, well then, you should be ashamed of yourself).

Today was one of those days. Not as bad as yesterday, when I fell down while walking the hound, got home to realize I had achieved a phenomenal doggy-doo finger without my knowledge (gross, I know), and it got worse from there.

However, today I probably should have shuffled around in my pjs and slippers, or at the very least, definitely not baked anything. Oh, banana bread, why do you forsake me??

Two tears in a bucket.

I have things to do tomorrow. Things I shall tell you about at a later time. Unless the hound jumps the gate and eats the laptop.
I won't think about that right now.

So. I read a tutorial about printing onto cotton from an ink jet printer (I can't remember where the tutorial was, sorry, I have no link). Have any of you tried this? I have no way to mirror image my text so I can print on my transfer paper, so I was going to try it. Although I would appreciate any advice/direction on mirroring text, too.

(Gratuitous dog shot)
"Did you say walk?? Hellsyea I want to go for a walk!" And this is what he does after the walk. Well, he prefers to lay on me. As soon as that mat hits the floor, he comes over, leans his big saggy face in mine (not that my face is big and saggy. Well, I hope not anyway) and then proceeds to put one arm on me and leeeeaaaaan, like he's some cool furry Marlboro Man.

You may have noticed by now that this post has neither a point, nor a craft in sight. Well, how about this:

TATTOOS.

I want a new one. I've been thinking about a tattoo of my Grandmother's old Singer for a while, and after seeing this,
my mind has been made up. It will be considerably smaller and not on my chest (that's reserved for my submarine. HA. No), and I'm not sure if I'll go for something realistic, although I'm leaning that way, or something sketchy like our coffee cup (which is not, no matter how much Adam insists, a bowl of oatmeal).
So, since it's Friday, I'll leave you with this. Basil Fawlty= me, in almost every social situation.

1 comment:

  1. Love reading you blog - too funny. But don't do anything rash- a tattoo is for life!.
    Thanks for dropping by my blog.
    I x

    ReplyDelete