sew many ways

Search This Blog

Sunday, March 27, 2011

Why can't the weekend just s l o w d o w n ?

I'm sitting down! Finally!! V. exciting stuff, people! It's been a busy day! First, just let me say that my boss looks exactly like the husband from Sister Wives (I haven't watched it, a co-worker pointed it out). Except my boss has short hair. Maybe it's true that everyone has a twin.

  • Let's start at the beginning. Yesterday we did a little shopping, and since Rona is the only place I could get glaze to finish the furniture (is that weird? It struck me as strange. It's in a small jar, and you have to tint it yourself, which is also strange), we went there and got a small hanging globe light for over the kitchen table. Is it installed yet? Of course not, we need a wire pulled. Why is this news? Because we paid $5 for it.

Like this, but the shade is opaque white, with a black spiral sort of pattern. Me likey. $5? Me lovey.



  • My furniture painting is coming along. It's CIL Ivory Silk, and then I tinted the glaze with the grey from the living room. The glaze needs to dry for 12 hours, so I still have no coffee table. Rocco remains unimpressed with my antics.
However! The phone table is done! Crappy picture, I know. And the easel with the postcard is not done, but I have a plan. The postcard itself is from my aunt, and it's a very old picture of Bedford. It had been written on, but unfortunately someone erased it.

  • Also, this weekend I made peanut butter cookies, banana bread, and white chili for supper tomorrow. My sister came over to spend the afternoon, which she should do more often, and brought homemade egg rolls, bread and cinnamon raisin bread. I did laundry, changed the sheets, rearranged the living room, swept, scrubbed the bathroom, washed and rehung the shower curtain, painted, walked the dog a few times.... I would go on, but... I don't think I did anything else... We have a shingled garbage bin, and a fire pit, but I had nothing to do with that.

  • I've been reading Adultery by Richard B. Wright, and it's good so far. I don't want to say too much because every time I do, the book suddenly turns to drivel.

  • Rocco had a health check on Monday, and we were informed that Beneful is full of garbage. More nutrition in cardboard, you say? How were we supposed to know?? So I came home and looked it up, and found several things about how people are trying to launch lawsuits, and trying to get Purina to recall it, and all kinds of fun things. So yesterday, we spent a lot of time in the dog food aisle of the grocer going, "Well, what about this one? This one?" and eventually we went to Global Pet Foods and got several samples and Mr. Rocco "The Tank" will be eating Acana.

He's excited about the food; he's no longer reluctant to eat. and there are different flavors so we can mix it up for him. He also has a lot more energy, which means I better start eating my wheaties. (He was not excited about Adam having banana bread and him not having any which is why he has this look).



  • I know what you're thinking, 'My GOD, are you ever going to shut up??', and I will soon, I swear. Just one more thing: the corner shelf is up in the bedroom, and it's housing my dirty little figurines collection (the plates will be hung as soon as I actually have some hangers). I don't think I shared these with you yet; I got them at VV during my last visit. How I got to these before someone else must've been pure luck. And for the low price of $4! Oh my lucky stars!!
Don't be hatin'! Happy Monday :D

2 comments:

  1. $5.00 for the lamp? SCORE!!!
    The furniture is looking really good. It's too bad someone erased what was on the postcard, but it's a cool looking photograph.
    Poor Rocco, no banana bread...but at least he's getting good food now. ;)
    Those figurines are funny!

    Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know, right? And thank you, I'm pretty happy with it. Don't let the sad face fool you, he did get some banana bread! Hope you have a good week too :D

    ReplyDelete