sew many ways

Search This Blog

Friday, March 8, 2013

Give me strength*

*A blog post in which I rant and ramble.

Oh Lordy. Okay, who has seen the ads for the "Playtex Fresh+Sexy Wipes"? While I appreciate the humor behind "A clean beaver gets more wood" (heh), seriously, just f-off already. You can see the ads here, and yes, I chuckled when I read them, but there's no chance in Hell I'd ever buy these. Would you? Do you live in your car with no access to a shower? (In which case, I'm sorry for the tragic turn your life has taken, and I hope things come around for you).  'Cause unless you're really paranoid, and keep catching a whiff of something that smells like dumpster juice, I'm betting that these are a)unnecessary and b)a big ol' waste of money.

There's some movie on; I'm not really listening to it, it's some 80's mob extravaganza, but I did just overhear "He should die of hemorrhoids." Wow (and again: I laughed). You'd have to really hate someone to wish that on them.

Looking for ideas for a housewarming gift. I'm thinking some useful things in a reusable container (fascinating reading, this. I don't know if I should thank you, or apologize). Pictures when it's done.

Working on some bags. And I may have some upcycling projects that are top secret at the moment, so shhh! More to come!
*bag preview!*

I spent 2 days this week planning my veggie garden. Yay!! It's supposed to be nice this coming week, so I should be able to start turning the soil, and then get everything turned and fertilized. Finally, a use for all these coffee grounds!

Also, I've been reading the reFashionista blog, and inspired to refashion some things of my own. Will this happen? Who the hell knows. I think it's the impending Spring: it's giving me all kinds of loony ideas! (Loony because sometimes I really don't like to sew. It's like baking: I like it when it's going well).

And be warned: there will be a dog post coming up.

What're you reading? I just finished John Dies at the End, by David Wong. Very strange, but I have to say, I loved it!! and can't wait to read the sequel.  I'm about in the middle of Bossypants (by Tina Fey) and it's enjoyable; it's a really quick read, and it's so funny.

If you're still with me, thanks for dropping by. I hope you come back! It gets lonely on this here blog... 0_o

No comments:

Post a Comment